Thursday 14 February 2019

Valentine's Day Blog Hop

Hi Everyone

I am so excited to have been asked to join in the Valentine Blog Hop as I have never done one before so it's a real first for me :)  It gives me a chance to play with my Imagination Crafts goodies (not that I need an excuse...lol).

So I decided to create this gorgeous little heart canvas for you.

I used a white primed heart canvas. Firstly, I painted the surface with Imagination Crafts Rusty Patina in Duck Egg, spritzed with water and then added small areas of Rusty Patina in Soot.  I added more water to make the paints move together.  Allowed to dry.





Next I added some stencilling using Imagination Crafts Structure Paste through a Mandala stencil design.  Dry.  Using Starlight Paints in Orange, Banana Yellow and Rusty Patina in Rustique, I added some colour over the dried pasted design. Once dried I added detail script with a stencil.




I took some MDF Cogs from my crafty stash and added the Rusty Patina in Rustique over the entire surface of each.  I then applied more Rusty Patina to build the texture.  Once dry I added some highlight areas using the Starlight Paints in Orange and Banana Yellow and glued the pieces in position.



Finally, I added Structure Paste through a stencil to add detail to the MDF Bird.  Allowed to dry and then I painted the bird with Rusty Patina in Duck Egg and added gold highlights with Imagination Crafts Alchemy Wax in Inca Gold.  To finish the edges I added a little Rusty Patina in Soot.

I hope you like my project and enjoy the other designers creations.  Take a journey through the blog hop :) 



















What I Used


Thanks 
for
Popping By
xx

24 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Mandy, love the textures and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! just love the colours and design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane - there is so much you can do with Rusty Patinas. So glad you like it xx

      Delete
  3. Really love how you used the gears and the composition of your piece.


    Unfortunately the link to my blog is wrong (my fault). Can you please update a Fine How do you do to: https://afinehowdoyoudo.wordpress.com/2019/02/14/valentine-hearts/ Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you xx. I will update it ASAP. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome sauce! 😎 Thanks for participating in the hop! 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for inviting me. I’ve had a great time. Let’s do it again sometime :) xx

      Delete
  6. I have a soft spot for steampunk. Such a cool steampunk heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cool! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and textures! Awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours used here - beautiful combination. Wonderful texture, too.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the texture you get from the Imagination Crafts Rusty Patinas. Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous heart! Rustyness and patina is divine!! :)

    ReplyDelete