Thursday 22 February 2018

Rusty Patina Laptop Makeover

Hi Everyone

Today, I am sharing with you an easy project using Imagination Crafts Rusty Patinas together with A4 Art Stencil, Panel and 6" x 6" stencils from their huge range.  I am working on the lid of my laptop which started out plain black.  Let's get going!

'What I Did
  • Protect the keyboard before starting to add any products.
  • Using White Rusty Patina; stipple it on with a domed stencil brush and let it dry.  Repeat this step.  NOTE: I do not recommend using heat tools to speed drying due to electronics in computers.  They may get damaged and null your warranty.  
  • Next create the background design using Structure Paste through stencils.  Leave to dry. 


 
  • Use the Verdigris Rusty Patina to cover over all the surface area.


  • Add the outside edge design with the Rustique Rusty Patina stippled through the stencil.  

  • Replace the large Butterfly stencil used, matching the original pasted area.  Once aligned, begin adding the layers of colour.  Starting with the rust colour, then add the Verdigris blending the two together as you go around the design.
  • Next add some Gold Shine Sparkle Medium to a few areas to highlight.
  • Use the script panel stencil to add some Starlight Wax in White Gold to the background. Also use the wax to blend around the outside edges of the laptop.  
 

  • Voila!  C'est Fini :)


What I Used

Imagination Crafts Rusty Patina - Blanc, Rustique and Verdigris
Imagination Crafts Structure Paste
Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium - Gold Shine
Imagination Crafts Starlight Wax - White Gold
Imagination Crafts A4 Art Stencil - As Time Goes By - AS 533
Imagination Crafts 6" x 6" Stencil - Honeycomb Trellis
Imagination Crafts Panel Stencil - Weather Wash (MU10) and Handwriting (MU04)
Stencil Brush/Spatula
 
I hope you have been inspired.

Thanks
for
Popping By 

MJ
xx



4 comments:

  1. I love that Mandy, I didn't know I needed a laptop cover, but I do now xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look forward to seeing your beautiful version....please make it a seahorse....;) thanks xx

      Delete