Wednesday 7 March 2018

Inspire Butterfly Canvas

Hi Everyone

Glorious sunshine here today I hope it stays that way too :)

Today I have an 'Inspire' canvas project.  I have used my Imagination Crafts goodies together with some of my crafty stash.  Basically, I got loads of bits and bobs out from my craft room and began playing!  Once again I must apologise for the poor quality phots. So let's get going :)



What I Did
  • Firstly, grab some bits and bobs from your crafty stash and decide what you are going to use to begin with.  I changed my mind as I went along as you can see. :)


  • I started by sticking a mix of cheesecloth, fabric, bead trim and lace strips down the centre of the canvas. Build up layers.  Then I added other embellishments including cut up CD's, wooden skewers, metal shapes, crystals, straws and wooden butterflies.  




  • Next take some crackle paste, and add it to some areas.  I lightly pasted onto canvas surrounding the composition, on the butterflies and straws.  I also pasted the crackle paste through a couple of stencils to add texture to background.  Leave to dry.


  • Once paste is dry, gesso over the entire canvas.  Dry.  Now add the first colour of Mix Media Ink spray in light blue, adding water to blend out.


  • Continue with the next colour.  I used a mix of light green and blue sprays using the white to soften out.  Dry.


  • Next I added some Alchemy Wax in Bronze to pick up the texture details.


  • I finished the project off with an MDF word coloured with alchemy wax.




What I Used

Imagination Crafts Magibond Glue
Imagination Crafts Crackle Paste
Imagination Crafts Stencils - A4 Script and Harlequin
Imagination Crafts Mix Media Ink Sprays - Lt Blue, Blue, Lt Green and White
Cadence Mix Media Artsy Stones
Imagination Crafts Alchemy Wax - Bronze
Embellishments from my Crafty Stash



I hope you have been inspired.

Thanks
for
Popping By

MJ
xx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project so inspiring! I have the Mixed Media sprays AND Alchemy Wax...now to use them! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane glad you liked it. Look forward to seeing what you create with your goodies. Thanks MJ xx

    ReplyDelete