Sunday 4 March 2018

Precious Memories Altered Book

Hi Everyone

Yay!  Snow is being melted away by the rain!!  At least if I wanted to go out I could...lol 

So it's been another 'What can I find in the house to play with?'.  My BFF gave me a bag of books so I thought I'd play with one of them this afternoon.......and I did!  Lots of my Imagination Crafts goodies used for this project.  I apologise for the quality of the photos - the light was rubbish today and the paints are far more vibrant than they are showing themselves :(  Let's get going :)


What I Did
  • I took an old book and painted it with a couple of coats of white gesso.  Dried it. Then I stencilled some structure paste through my chosen designs.  Dried it and once again painted with gesso.  I also painted all my embellishments with the gesso.



  • Using Emerald Starlight Paint cover the book cover and most of the embellishments.  
  • Taking the white gesso, dry brush over the cover and embellishments.

  • Next add some sweeps of colour with Starlight Sax Blue.

  • Continue to add colour this time mixing a little gesso with Starlight Mint to give a soft pearl finish.

  • Add some stamped texture.  I used texture stamps with black and cobalt Archival Inks.

  • Start arranging the embellishments and gluing in position.


  • To colour the lace flowers I mix gesso and Starlight Mint paint together for a matt look.  Paint the flowers and dry.  Glue in position.  Paint the word chipboard with gesso and whilst wet add embossing powder over and heat.  Add highlights with Starlight Mint.

  • Use Starlight White Gold paint to lightly dry brush across the areas that need highlighting, building up the layers. Add gold to flower stamen and petal edges.

  • Using a small paint brush add some touches of Turquoise Sparkle Medium.  Leave to dry.

  • Voila!  C'est Fini :)



What I Used

Imagination Crafts White Gesso
Imagination Crafts Structure Paste
Imagination Crafts Art Stencils - Script and Butterfly
Imagination Crafts Starlight Paints - Emerald, Sax Blue, Mint and White Gold
Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium - Turquoise
Imagination Crafts Art Stamps - Distress Set 2
Imagination Crafts Fabric Decoupage Glue



I hope you have been inspired.

Thanks
for 
Popping By

MJ
xx





2 comments:

  1. That is just stunning Mandy, the colours are gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lovely....favourite colours for me xx

    ReplyDelete